Is your home’s A/C System ready for the sweltering summer heat? Trying to keep your home cool in the summer can leave you with high utility bills. But, there are some ways to beat the heat without breaking the bank this season:
- Replace or clean your A/C system’s filter on a monthly basis.
- Get an A/C system tune-up. This ensures that your system is working at its most efficient, and the more efficient your system, the less it costs you to cool your home.
- Close your blinds or curtains during the day to keep the sun from heating your home. This keeps your home cooler, which requires your A/C system to run less frequently.
- Use ceiling fans to help circulate cool air throughout your home. According to Energy.gov, “Ceiling fans are considered the most effective type of fans, because they effectively circulate the air in a room to create a draft throughout the room. If you use air conditioning, a ceiling fan will allow you to raise the thermostat setting about 4°F with no reduction in comfort.”
- Reduce indoor heat. Try using your oven and other appliances less. When washing clothes use a cool cycle and clean out the lint filter every time you use the dryer.
- Install a programmable thermostat and save money by not cooling your home when you’re not there. This is especially useful if you’re on vacation. With a programmable thermostat, you are able to turn up the A/C while you are away and have it set to cool off before you return home.
At MoreVent, we can help keep your A/C system maintained and leave your house cool and comfortable. Schedule your next service call today!