The first hot day of the year can take us and our homes by surprise. The last thing you want is an air conditioner that is not ready to cool your home. When the first warm front comes in, it is important to know that your air conditioner is already well maintained and prepared to effectively cool the home as soon as it is needed. One of the best ways to ensure that your AC system is running efficiently and cleanly, schedule an air conditioning maintenance tune-up before the hot weather strikes.
What is a Precision AC Tune-up?
A precision air conditioning tune-up is a comprehensive analysis of all of the elements of your AC system. It involves routine maintenance as well as thorough inspection, basic minor repairs, an inspection of each component, and testing for optimal performance. It involves more than basic maintenance and will ensure that the system is working at its highest level so that it is ready for any type of weather.
Why Do You Need a Precision Air Conditioning Tune-up?
There are many reasons to schedule air conditioning maintenance. Although it may seem like an extra expense, it can actually save your household from unnecessary repairs in the future as well as ensuring that the air conditioner is ready to go as soon as it is needed. Here are a few of the major benefits of scheduling a tune-up:
- Prevent Major Breakdowns – Unexpected breakdowns can be a huge drain on your resources. This type of breakdown usually happens at the most inconvenient time and can immediately reduce the comfort in your home. Breakdowns result in stress as well as a scramble to get the system repaired. Scheduling a tune-up means that you can plan ahead for the expense and avoid pricey repairs.
- Improve AC Efficiency – The efficiency of your air conditioner relies on every element working at its highest capacity. This means that everything from the thermostat and wiring to the fan and other moving parts are fully functioning. This can lead to benefits such as evenly cooling the home and providing air conditioning with minimum effort.
- Improve Energy Efficiency – Greater efficiency from the air conditioner means an improvement in your home’s energy efficiency. Having a precision tune-up can mean up to a 40% increase in energy efficiency which is not only better for the environment but will help save money. Simply checking or upgrading the thermostat can ensure that the system is only running when needed and will save money on your energy bill.
- Ensure Safety – Technicians check carbon monoxide levels and ensure that your carbon monoxide detector is working. They will also check all wiring and anything else that may be a fire hazard within the system. This gives you the peace of mind of knowing that your furnace is safe for your family.
- Extend Life – Just as with an automobile, an air conditioning system has moving parts that must be cared for regularly in order to increase the life of the system. By lubricating the moving parts, replacing any elements that need to be replaced, and cleaning all of the elements, you can extend the life of your AC unit. A well-tended HVAC system can last for years before a replacement is needed.
What is Included in the Tune-up?
Depending on the type of air conditioning system that you have, a tune-up may include any or all of the following services:
- Checking the thermostat
- Replacing air filters
- Removing and cleaning registers and floor ducts
- Checking pilot light
- Inspecting unit for any rust or other damage
- Lubricating fan and all other moving parts
- Removing dust and debris from the system
- Checking wiring
- Checking gas valve and gas pressure
- Measuring carbon monoxide levels
- Adjusting the burner
- Vacuuming igniter tubes
- Inspecting hoses for cracks or wear and tear
- Testing overall system operation
Expert Service at MoreVent
At MoreVent we strive for quality service that is above and beyond that of our competitors. Our prices are always transparent and affordable allowing you to plan ahead for your routine maintenance and precision tune-ups. Our air conditioning maintenance services are also priced by the job so that you are not surprised by extra charges. We are committed to fast service and are passionate about providing our customers with comfort and peace of mind during every season. We are always available 24/7 with zero overtime charges so that we can be there when you need us.