The safe and efficient operation of your heating and cooling systems plays a direct impact on your home’s indoor air quality. Routine maintenance is the best way to ensure everything is working properly so that you can stay comfortable all year long. A precision HVAC tune-up from MoreVent consists of several system checks and component cleaning that allow you to enjoy your home.
What is a Precision HVAC Tune-up?
A precision HVAC tune-up is a comprehensive analysis of all of the elements of your HVAC system. It involves routine maintenance as well as thorough inspection, basic minor repairs, an inspection of each component, and testing for optimal performance. It involves more than basic maintenance and will ensure that the system is working at its highest level so that it is ready for any type of weather.
Why Do You Need a Precision HVAC Tune-up?
There are many reasons to schedule annual HVAC maintenance. Although it may seem like an extra expense, it can actually save your household from unnecessary repairs in the future as well as ensure that your furnace, heat pump, or air conditioner is ready to go as soon as it is needed. Here are a few of the major benefits of scheduling a tune-up:
- Prevent Major Breakdowns – Unexpected breakdowns can be a huge drain on your resources. This type of breakdown usually happens at the most inconvenient time and can immediately reduce the comfort in your home. Breakdowns result in stress as well as a scramble to get the system repaired. Scheduling a tune-up means that you can plan ahead for the expense and avoid pricey repairs.
- Improve HVAC Efficiency – The efficiency of your heater and everything from the thermostat and wiring to the fan and other moving parts are fully functioning. This can lead to benefits such as evenly heating and cooling the home and providing comfort with minimum effort.
- Improve Energy Efficiency – Greater efficiency from your HVAC system means an improvement in your home’s energy efficiency. Having a precision tune-up can mean up to a 40% increase in energy efficiency which is not only better for the environment but will help save money. Simply checking or upgrading the thermostat can ensure that the system is only running when needed and will save money on your energy bill.
- Ensure Safety – Technicians check carbon monoxide levels and ensure that your carbon monoxide detector is working. They will also check all wiring and anything else that may be a fire hazard within the system. This gives you the peace of mind of knowing that your furnace is safe for your family.
- Extend Life – Just as with an automobile, your HVAC systems have moving parts that must be cared for regularly in order to extend the life of the system. By lubricating the moving parts, replacing any elements that need to be replaced, and cleaning all of the elements, you can extend the life of your HVAC units. A well-tended HVAC system can last for years before a replacement is needed.
One of the biggest threats to diminished indoor air quality is a furnace that has not been taken care of. When your heating system has issues, it is usually due to one of three components: the heat source, the distribution system, or the thermostat. During an HVAC tune-up, MoreVent technicians can change dirty filters, clean components, and detect issues that save you money.
With windows and doors open, airborne particles find their way inside your home and attach to your HVAC equipment. A detailed check of your air conditioner’s moving parts, electrical connections, thermostats, condenser coils, refrigerant levels, blower component adjustments, and more will encourage efficient air conditioner performance and can also highlight problems at an early stage.
What is Included in the Tune-up?
Depending on the type of heating and cooling systems that you have, a tune-up may include any or all of the following services:
- Checking the thermostat
- Replacing air filters
- Removing and cleaning registers and floor ducts
- Checking pilot light
- Inspecting unit for any rust or other damage
- Lubricating fan and all other moving parts
- Removing dust and debris from the system
- Checking wiring
- Checking gas valve and gas pressure
- Measuring carbon monoxide levels
- Adjusting the burner
- Vacuuming igniter tubes
- Inspecting hoses for cracks or wear and tear
- Testing overall system operation
HVAC Service that Improves Your Comfort
At MoreVent we strive for quality service that is above and beyond that of our competitors. Our prices are always transparent and affordable allowing you to plan ahead for your routine maintenance and precision tune-ups. Our HVAC tune-up and maintenance services are also priced by the job so that you are not surprised by extra charges. We are committed to fast service and are passionate about providing our customers with comfort and peace of mind during every season. We are always available 24/7 with zero overtime charges so that we can be there when you need us.
Schedule Your Precision HVAC Tune-up Today
"*" indicates required fields