The first cold day of the year can take us and our homes by surprise. The last thing you want is a furnace that is not ready to heat the home. When the first chilly front comes in, it is important to know that your furnace is already well maintained and prepared to effectively heat the home as soon as it is needed. One of the best ways to ensure that your furnace is ready for the winter season is to schedule a precision furnace tune-up before the cold weather strikes.
What is a Precision Furnace Tune-up?
A precision furnace tune-up is a comprehensive analysis of all of the elements of your furnace. It involves routine maintenance as well as thorough inspection, basic minor repairs, an inspection of each component, and testing for optimal performance. It involves more than basic maintenance and will ensure that the system is working at its highest level so that it is ready for any type of weather.
Why Do You Need a Precision Furnace Tune-up?
There are many reasons to schedule a precision tune-up. Although it may seem like an extra expense, it can actually save your household from unnecessary repairs in the future as well as ensuring that the furnace is ready to go as soon as it is needed. Here are a few of the major benefits of scheduling a tuneup:
- Prevent Major Breakdowns- Unexpected breakdowns can be a huge drain on your resources. This type of breakdown usually happens at the most inconvenient time and can immediately reduce the comfort in your home. Breakdowns result in stress as well as a scramble to get the system repaired. Scheduling a tuneup means that you can plan ahead for the expense and avoid pricey repairs.
- Improve Furnace Efficiency- The efficiency of the furnace relies on every element working at its highest capacity. This means that everything from the thermostat and wiring to the fan and other moving parts are fully functioning. This can lead to benefits such as evenly heating the home and providing heat with minimum effort.
- Improve Energy Efficiency- Greater efficiency from the furnace means an improvement in your home’s energy efficiency. Having a precision tuneup can mean up to a 40% increase in energy efficiency which is not only better for the environment but will help save money. Simply checking or upgrading the thermostat can ensure that the system is only running when needed and will save money on your energy bill.
- Ensure Safety- Technicians check carbon monoxide levels and ensure that your carbon monoxide detector is working. They will also check all wiring and anything else that may be a fire hazard within the system. This gives you the peace of mind of knowing that your furnace is safe for your family.
- Extend Life- Just as with an automobile, a furnace has moving parts that must be cared for regularly in order to increase the life of the system. By lubricating the moving parts, replacing any elements that need to be replaced, and cleaning all of the elements, you can extend the life of your furnace. A well-tended furnace can last for years before a replacement is needed.
What is Included in the Tune-up?
Depending on the type of furnace that you have, a tuneup may include any or all of the following services:
- Checking or replacing the thermostat
- Replacing air filters
- Removing and cleaning registers and floor ducts
- Checking pilot light
- Inspecting unit for any leaks, rust, or other damage
- Lubricating fan and all other moving parts
- Removing dust and debris from the system
- Checking wiring
- Checking gas valve and gas pressure
- Measuring carbon monoxide levels
- Adjusting the burner
- Vacuuming igniter tubes
- Inspecting hoses for cracks or wear and tear
- Testing overall system operation
- And much more
Expert Service at MoreVent
At MoreVent we strive for quality service that is above and beyond that of our competitors. Our prices are always transparent and affordable allowing you to plan ahead for your routine maintenance and precision tuneups. Our services are also priced by the job so that you are not surprised by extra charges. We are committed to fast service and are passionate about providing our customers with comfort and peace of mind during every season. We are always available 24/7 with zero overtime charges so that we can be there when you need us.
Contact MoreVent now at (610) 444-3333 or online to schedule your precision furnace tune-up today.
Here’s what you can expect
A clean, neat MoreVent technician arrives on time and conducts a comprehensive checkup of your system.
Keep Warm. Guaranteed.
Why wait for trouble? Get your furnace optimized for every kind of weather with an $89 MoreVent Precision Furnace Tune-up.