In the balmy east Pennsylvania summer, it’s warming up enough that we’re starting to look for ways to escape the heat. 2020 is proving to be a remarkable year, and the summer heat can seem relentless. We’ve compiled 10 tips to handle the heat, so you can relax and enjoy family time all summer long.
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate – Did we say hydrate? It’s one important way of avoiding heat exhaustion, according to the Mayo Clinic. Also remember to provide lots of water for your fur babies as well, while keeping them indoors in the cool A/C.
- Chill with an icy treat! Popsicles, ice cream, or a frozen beverage are great ways to feel refreshed and add much needed hydration.
- Circulate already-cool air inside your home with a standing or desktop fan. For safety reasons, only have a fan turned on when you will be in the room.
- Change the direction of your ceiling fan to counter-clockwise. The angle of the blades will push cooler air down.
- Cool down with a chilly towel. Dampen a hand towel and pop it in the freezer for a few hours. While working or playing outside, wrap the towel around your neck or drape it under a hat.
- Refrigerate lotions. Keeping moisturizer, sunscreen and body lotion in your fridge will provide refreshing relief when you apply it the next time!
- Sleep like the coolest royalty with sheets designed for the hottest people (meaning those that overheat easily!). A recent Real Simple article recommends these cooling bed sheets.
- Slow cook your meals in a countertop appliance instead of turning on the oven. Better yet, serve cold foods more often in the summer to reduce electricity usage while keeping your family’s taste buds cool as well.
- Draw the shades. If you have windows or glass patio door that face the sun for a majority of the day, close your blinds or curtains in the hottest part of the day. This will also improve your air conditioner’s efficiency.
- Retreat indoors for A/C relief: Nothing cools you off faster than stepping inside your home, cooled comfortably with your MoreVent-serviced air conditioning.
No matter how you cool down in these dog days of summer here in the West Chester area, be sure you have MoreVent on your mind if you should need service to your air conditioner. Give us a call at [csad_phone] for 24-hour service. We’ll keep you cool!