If you have a car, you know regular maintenance is important. Oil changes, tune-ups and tire fixes are all imperative to the life of your car. But, just like a routine oil change or 10,000-mile tune-up for your car, maintenance is necessary to keep your home’s HVAC system running at peak performance and to prevent problems and breakdowns.
Homeowners usually think routine maintenance will cost a lot of money, but really, it’s the opposite. If you wait until there is something wrong with your unit, you can end up with a big repair bill, all for something that could’ve been prevented with regular maintenance.
WHY SHOULD I GET REGULAR MAINTENANCE IF MY UNIT IS RUNNING PROPERLY?
You might think you don’t need maintenance if your unit is working fine. But, there are a lot of good reasons to get routine maintenance, even if your system seems to be doing okay:
• Your unit becomes less efficient over time as it accumulates dust, dirt and rust.
• Most manufacturers require regular maintenance to keep the warranty valid.
• The life of your unit can be extended 3-5 years with routine maintenance.
• Inspecting blower components during regular maintenance increases efficiency of the unit and comfort in your home.
WHAT DOES REGULAR MAINTENANCE INCLUDE?
A lot of work goes into a maintenance check on your unit. After cleaning up the unit and making sure it’s free from dust and dirt, our techs will do the following:
- Level and Calibrate Thermostat
- Check Compressor Amps
- Check Fan Motor Amps
- Check Capacitor(s)
- Test Refrigerant Circuit
- Verify Super Heat/Sub Cooling
- Tighten Wire Connections
- Check Condition of Coil Fins
- Clean Outdoor Coil
- O-ring Schrader Caps
- Tighten Lugs in Disconnect
- Tighten Lugs on Circuit Breakers
- Verify Breaker Condition
- Check Condensing Unit Level
- Check insulation on Line Set
- Clean Evaporator Coil
- Clean Drain Lines
- Clean Condensate Pump
- Check TXV Bulb Placement
- Check Drain Pan
- Check Fan Speed
- Check and Calibrate Temperature Drop
- Clean & Wax Outdoor Unit
- Change/Clean Filter (Standard Size)
- Check Low Voltage Wire Condition
We recommend two tune-ups each year, one for your air conditioner and one for your furnace. With a maintenance agreement, these tune-ups and regular maintenance and repairs are offered at a discount and backed by a warranty.
With a MoreVent Precision Tune-up, you can avoid costly repairs to your unit and save money on your heating and cooling costs. If it’s time for your regular maintenance check, schedule your next service call today!